Develop Your Online Presence
Things to do
- Google yourself – what will you find?
- Review current and past postings and tags
- Consider your tone, personal brand, and overall image when communicating online
- Use appropriate and professional usernames and email addresses
- Share articles, events, resources, etc. with your network
- Keep your profile up to date
- Check your privacy settings and know your audience
Things not to do
- Post negative or inappropriate things that could potentially be seen by employers/recruiters
- Fail to follow up with contacts
- Share too much information
- Forget to proofread before hitting submit!
- Update daily activity too often
- Inundate potential contacts with questions, requests for meetings, etc.
- Be inconsistent (multiple profiles should have same histories)
Drop-in for a Critique
Peer advisors are available during drop-in hours to critique your LinkedIn profile, resume, and cover letter.
Drop-In Hours: Mon-Fri: 10am - 3pm