Lockheed Martin Work Experience Program
What is the CWEP Program?
The UCF Lockheed Martin College Work Experience Program (CWEP) is an ideal opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to gain real-world work experience relevant to their academic and career goals while maintaining full-time enrollment with the University of Central Florida. The program provides students with a year-round paid opportunity to explore a unique training experience on the cutting edge of technology.
Who is Lockheed Martin?
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 125,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
For more information regarding Lockheed Martin please visit: http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Student Guidelines and Responsibilities
- Student must be eligible to obtain a US secret security clearance upon request (to obtain secret security clearance, you must be a US Citizen).
- Student must be enrolled as a full-time student at UCF.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours in the Fall and Spring semesters (Lockstep Evening MBA students are eligible to apply).
- Any college credits being taken at another institution must be in addition to full-time enrollment at UCF.
- Students must have completed at least one semester at UCF, and must establish a UCF GPA and overall GPA of at least 3.0 in order to apply.
- Students must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0, both UCF and overall. Failure to maintain these requirements can result in termination.
- Student must be able to commit to at least two full consecutive semesters at Lockheed Martin.
- Students are required to work a minimum of 12 hours per week and may work up to a maximum of 25 hours per week.
- Students are not permitted to hold other positions on campus while participating in the program.
- Students will not earn academic credit for participating in the College Work Experience program as this is not a “for credit” program.
- “Students must agree to background screening and urine drug screening and understand and agree that no person that has a positive drug test will be assigned to work at Lockheed Martin facilities.
How do I apply?
In order to be considered for the College Work Experience Program, students should follow the directions below.
- Click on the following link: APPLY TO CWEP
- You will be prompted to log in or register for a Handshake account.
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ icon on the right hand side of the page and follow the prompts. Please make sure to have your resume critiqued prior to applying to increase your chances of being selected for an interview.
- Make sure to also complete the required Qualtrics survey section of the application. (The link will be in the Handshake application)
- Once your application has been submitted, reviewed and processed you will be sent a confirmation email. Students who do not meet the minimum requirements will also be notified via email.
*All last semester seniors interested in being considered for the Lockheed Martin Work Experience Program must submit a copy of the letter of acceptance to a UCF Graduate Program. Application and resume will not be accepted without this document.*
Please make sure to have your resume critiqued prior to applying to increase your chances of being selected for an interview.
Once your application has been reviewed and processed you will be sent a confirmation email. Students who do not meet the minimum requirements will also be notified via email.
All last semester seniors interested in being considered for the Lockheed Martin Work Experience Program must submit a copy of the letter of acceptance to a UCF Graduate Program. Application and resume will not be accepted without this document.
|Title||On-Site Office Manager|