Prep for a Career Fair
Before the Event
- Research information about specific companies attending the event.
- Focus your job search; identify what you want in a job and company.
- Update and target your resume. Dress for success! Professional attire is always required at Career Events!
- Anticipate and practice possible questions.
- Prepare a one-minute script about yourself, like this example:
“Hello, my name is Jane. I am a senior majoring in Advertising/Public Relations. Last summer I completed an internship in the advertising division of Frito Lay. I am interested in broadening my experience and I read that your company is embarking on a new advertising campaign for the next quarter.”
At the Event
- Arrive early
- Bring plenty of updated resumes
- Register at Career Services table for an event map and a name-tag
- Collect a business card from potential employers
After the Event
- Send thank you letters within 24 hours of the event
- Sample Thank you letter