Practice for the Interview
“I had a practice interview with Career Services about 3 weeks ago. I interviewed with 2 different hospitals in Colorado for an RN position, and received job offers from both of them! Thank you for all of your help! The practice interview was very helpful in preparing me for the real thing. I’m very glad that UCF offers this great service to students and alumni!”
– Jocelin Adona ’17
- Studies show that students stumble through their first three interviews. To increase your chances for a successful interview, practice with one of our staff.
- Practice interviews are generally 60 minutes in length, including 10-15 minutes of feedback. To sign up for a practice interview, contact us and request an appointment.
- The Employer Practice Interview Program runs during the Fall and Spring as part of Career Readiness Week. To sign up for an interview, register through Handshake. Interview time slots will be granted on a space available basis.
- Make sure to ask the employer questions at the end of the interview. Show that you’ve done your research. Here are some Common Interview Questions you can ask.
- GlassDoor gives an inside look at salaries, reviews and interview questions for over 70,000 employers.
- Optimal Interview is an interactive interviewing tool where students can practice their skills by building custom virtual interviews specific to various fields/industries.
- Use Big Interview to learn and practice your interview skills, whether you’re interviewing for a job or graduate school. If you desire interview feedback, video record your response and share the link with a trusted advisor, faculty member, and/or career services. Big Interview has a resume component to help you draft a professional resume. When creating your account, use your knights email and CODE 1963.